A Soil Remediation firm required a system that provided:
- An air compressor to sparge air into contaminated soil
- A regenerative vacuum pump to remove hydrocarbon vapors and liquid from the contaminated soil.
Southwestern Controls acted as a systems integrator by designing and providing the following:
- A skid containing the air compressor and related equipment
- A skid containing the regenerative vacuum pump and related equipment
Southwestern Controls supplied and assembled the following parts and components:
- Individual skids for the compressor and vacuum pump
- Air compressors by Gast Manufacturing
- Electrical motor by Baldor.
- Pressure relief valve by Master Pneumatic – Detroit.
- Regenerative relief valve by Gast Manufacturing
- PVC pipe and fittings
- Miscellaneous shaft couplings, guards, etc.
The skid systems were tested to verify performance.